Yesterday was such a beautiful day. The sun was shining and it felt like spring was just around the corner. Dainty and I made plans to see Milk at our local movie theater. We decided to walk since the weather was so gorgeous. It was so great! I really enjoy our little local dates like that. Walking around St. Johns reminds me of falling in love. Dainty and I used to walk all over when we first started dating. I hadn't lived in my neighborhood very long and every walk was an exploration. We spent many spring and summer evenings "house shopping" from various sidewalks all over St. Johns.
Milk was an excellent movie and incredibly sad. It was amazing to me that the fight between the religious right and the queers back then has pretty much just been regurgitated into the same fight today. 30 years we've come so far, but yet the parallels are so shockingly similar that it was disturbing to watch. Anita Bryant was a piece of work. Is it wrong that every time she spoke I wanted to kick her pretty little blond head in? hmm.
6 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment