Thursday, January 22, 2009

summer wishes and some ranting

Today we met with a gay and lesbian family attorney who specializes in donor contracts, and second parent adoption. I found their law firm in the GLBTpdx yellow pages. The attorney who we talked to has a 3 year old son with her partner. I love that we live in Portland and we have to option to hire a queer attorney who knows exactly what we need and what we are going through. She even recommended a lesbian parenting group for us to join. So awesome! We are going to hire her to write up our contract and get started with the second parent adoption once we actually get pregnant. This is really happening! I had a little freak out today after our meeting. I feel really overwhelmed with all that is happening and the momentum that has picked up recently. I just feel like we are so busy I have no time to sit with it. On top of all this we were going to try and get our raised garden beds built, a tree taken out of our back yard, a fence built to keep the chickens in, the garage cleaned, the sun porch cleaned, a hose bib put in the backyard, two bedrooms painted and organized, the cat moved out to the sunporch... oh yeah and make a baby! Something has got to give. So Dainty decided the tree removal can wait. It's probably good to hold off on that until we have the garage cleaned so we have somewhere to store our wood and let it cure! I'm not complaining because I realize we are incredibly lucky people right now. We have a nice house, we have good jobs, we have lots of love, and we are getting ready to do something really incredible. Soon I'll be starting 7 days on and 7 days off so that will help to be able to get some things done on the off weeks rather than just try to catch up on sleep.
I'm ready for summer time... fresh veggies from the garden, walking barefoot, drinking ice tea and reading outside in the sun, listening to the chickens make their little low clucking noises, swimming at sauvie island, bbqs, camping, and road trips. I'm totally over winter and it's not even close to being done. Prediction of snow Sunday evening. Are we not in Oregon anymore??

1 comment:

T!FF said...

You are so funny! I am so excited for you guys! I will be a good auntie I promise! I know I want fresh veggies from my garden too! I am so over SNOW and I have about 4 feet of it on my lawn!