We met up with Fagtabulous last night to hear the scoop about what exactly he told his parents about Operation: Get Baby. I guess they met at a restaurant and he gave them a really sweet card about how much he loves them and how supported he feels by them and that he's excited to share in an expanded family with them and a little p.s... you have one year to baby proof the house. His mom was a little confused, of course! Then she clued in and started asking questions: "what the hell are you talking about?" When he explained the whole thing she got so excited and starting crying and wanted to call her best friend immediately. When Fg was telling me all this I started crying. I'm just so happy for them and for us. I don't think there are people who deserve this more than they do after what they have gone through with their daughter Sara. I know they have a lot of love to give. I just adore them, so I'm really excited that they will be part of our permanent extended family. We are meeting up for brunch on Sunday so they can ask any questions they need to and maybe clarify what Fg's role will be to us and our child. It's really important to us that they understand: 1. we are not married to Fg so it won't be a traditional Grandma and Grandpa type relationship that they are used to seeing, 2. Fg is NOT the Dad and should never be referred to as that by them. 3. Dainty and I are the SOLE and PRIMARY parents of our children, and we will not be obligated to them in anyway. It sounds totally harsh written down like that but it needs to be put out on the table before we get this rolling or somebodies toes could get stepped on. That being said, I don't think they will have a hard time understanding what we are doing. They are extremely progressive people. Fg's father was raised by a gay dad and Fg's mom was adopted so they get untraditional families . Not only that, they completely respect and listen to their son, and he is on the same page as us regarding the above mentioned. So... no worries just precautionary along with the donor contract that we will be drawing up next week.
As excited as I am about this I've been having a pretty hard week wrapping my head around the fact that we will be doing this in about 3 weeks. Ovulation should be the first weekend in February. I am freaking out! I came to the conclusion the other day that I'm a very contemplative person and i can't work out all the what if's this is going to bring up in our lives. The amount of change that will happen has me really scared. I know that I can't control every little thing that will come up and that at times things will be really hard for me physically, emotional, etc. but that I have the strength to handle it all. I guess that's what it really comes down to: believing that I have the strength to handle it all with the support of my wife. I'm jumping off this cliff, so bring it on!
6 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment