Friday, March 20, 2009

okay then

Well I guess what I was feeling wasn't just in my head. Yesterday I told T that if I'm not pregnant than I have freaking mono or something. Turns out it wasn't mono just a little alien taking over my body, and making me sleep 12 hours at a time! Last night I kept dreaming about peeing on the stick and it flashing the word pregnant. I swear I peed on that stick all night in my sleep and when I woke up in the morning to see that actual word I was shocked! I cannot believe we got it on our first try. I feel so humble and grateful. I know many woman struggle for so long, I read your stories. It's your stories that made me not take being young and healthy for granted and to not assume that automatically equals fertility. Months ago I talked to my naturopath about increasing my fertility odds and have been taking herbal pregancy support. I also replaced coffee with green tea. I'm not saying these things are a direct link to our positive but I think it sure didn't hurt! Now, I'm resisting the urge to test my beta levels at work. I don't want to tell any of my co-workers yet and I'm too much of a wuss to draw my own blood, so I guess that pretty much rules out free hcg testing for me.

We are only telling close family and friends right now. My mom was the first person I told. She was driving home from work and had to pull over the car because she was crying. It was so awesome. She is so excited and we are so lucky to be so loved and supported. T also told her mom and got a very similar response. She asked to speak to "baby mama" but I had already left for work. She was not pleased and said that I'm just going to need to retire because we've got nurseries to paint and garages to convert into apartments. She's already moving herself in! T was really happy to get such a warm response.

1 comment:

SterAtBabeland said...

Hello,



My name is Maddix and I’m the Affiliate Producer over at Babeland.com. We are the premiere lesbian-owned sex toy company on the web and have been rated as the “Best Place to Shop” by Zagat and are regularly featured in O, the Oprah Magazine.



I came across your blog and rather enjoyed it (congrats on getting pregnant!). I would like to explore some business development opportunities with your site. We’d love to be featured on your site as a romantic resource for parents. We can offer you exclusive coupons for your customers and provide you with different top quality products for you to review on the site.



We also offer regular Sexy Moms workshops at our stores and feature a Sexy Moms Blog event through the month of May you may be interested in featuring for your audience. Here’s an example of an upcoming workshop at our Brooklyn store:

(www.babeland.com/events)

Sexy Moms Series: Sex During Pregnancy

Wednesday, July 29, 7:00PM, FREE!

This month’s Sexy Moms event will feature Erica Lyon, a childbirth educator and founder/owner of Realbirth: Childbirth Education and Post-Partum Support, who will talk about "Sex During." Perfect for expectant moms, new moms, their partners and anyone who would like to learn more! Complimentary refreshments. Co-sponsored by New Space for Women's Health and Park Slope Parents. www.newspacenyc.org



With regular links to our site, you may also be interested in joining our affiliate program. Babeland’s affiliate program is one of the most robust on the web today where you can link to our homepage or directly into one of our product pages. Our payout is 20%. Signing up for our affiliate program is free. All you have to do is go here http://www.babeland.com/about/affiliates and walk through the sign up page.

I am sorry I couldn't find a way to personally contact you without leaving a comment. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Maddix
www.babeland.com
monster@babeland.com

July 6, 2009 6:28 PM
Delete