Sunday, March 1, 2009

getting closer


For those playing along at home, today is cycle day 7 of the cycle. Cycle number one in our journey to get a baby. I'm excited and nervous and having all sorts of strange dreams about trying to get pregnant. I have a very active dream life, some strange stuff goes on in my subconscious. Can't wait to see what happens in my subconscious when I have a baby in utero. I have been reading enough TTC blogs in this last year to know that the road can be long and paved with many disappointments. I can't help but hope that we will be one of the lucky ones to get it on the first try but I'm also realistic enough to know this could be a while before we see those 2 pink lines. Speaking of that, I did order some more LH strips and went ahead and threw in some HCG strips too. Hopeful. Optimistic. Realistic.

Tonight Fg is coming over to watch some Law & Order and eat dinner. We signed the contract last week and all is good in that department. No longer mad, I guess he's allowed to make some mistakes too. He was in the doghouse though and he knew it, but he was really apologetic and he normal doesn't screw up so big. We're all human in this and he is going through some of his own crap right now. I care about him very much, this process has been long and a little taxing for me. It has brought T and him closer together and I think it has put a dynamic into our friendship that I'm still trying to get a grip on. Like or not he is even more like a brother now and sometimes he gets on my nerves just like a brother would. I guess that's to be expected after 26 years of friendship. Bottom line, I couldn't imagine anyone else in this role and I care about him very much. Just like family.

No comments: