Wednesday, December 3, 2008

and so it goes

I can't believe I only have one post for November! My blogging skills are lacking, but it's not for lack of things to write about. We have plenty going on right now that's worthy of trying to sort out but I find this forum to be so vulnerable.

Dainty and I are having a hard time right now. Partly due to adjusting to my moods without anti-depressants, partly due to the stress of figuring out how we are going to do this baby thing. We are back to known donor versus unknown, again. We have some concerns regarding role or lack of role by Fagtabulous's parents. It's scary stuff entering into a family relationship with people who you don't really know well. We are worried about the dynamic it will create with them, how we will be able to meet their needs with regards to time spent with our child and how that will affect us. Are we going to have to constantly be putting lines in the sand regarding obligations and time spent with these people who are practically strangers, or will this whole thing flow nicely and we get loving, close- as in proximity, grandparents for our child and they get a grandchild to spoil and love?I don't know if I could have fucked that sentence up any more but I get what I'm trying to say.
We have plans to meet with Fagtabulous's parents a few times and then we will make the decision to go forward with him or switch back to a sperm bank. This whole thing is causing a lot of tension. I'm starting acupuncture this weekend out of desperation for some relief.

No comments: